Saturday, August 22, 2026

Grey Hairs and Growing Pains Humor

That final Lady Jaye beat in Grey Hair and Growing Pains is absolutely a moment most G.I. Joe fans "growing up" remembered.  LOL

Lady Jaye's line, "I think I grew a little too big for my britches," is classic Sunbow humor. It’s embarrassment, charm, a tiny bit of flirt energy, definitely fan service, which Lady Jaye provided plenty throughout the show, but it's still within the PG boundaries of the programming.

It’s certainly suggestive,  but is tempered by the comedic awkwardness. They get away with it also because Flint, her boyfriend, is the only one on hand, so it's not like she's humiliated in front of the other teammates. 

MOTU Grey Hairs and Growing Pains: 


"Psst, Adam.  We made a slight miscalculation," Teela said, not wanting to bring attention from the others.

"Miscalculation?  What's wrong?" Adam asked, genuinely confused.  

"I think I've grown a little too big for my leotard," Teela bashfully admitted, stepping out of the conversation chamber, covering herself.

Another go at it will be under the jump.  A tad more NSFW, so look at your own risk!  YO JOE!

TMNT Grey Hairs and Growing Pains: 



AI toy version:


AI animated version:

"Psst, Leonardo.  We made a slight miscalculation," Lady Jaye said, holding the turtle shell to cover herself.

"Miscalculation?  What's wrong?" Leonardo repeated, not quite getting it.  

"I think I've grown a little too big for this turtle shell," Lady Jaye  admitted, covering herself only with the shell after the retro mutagen worked, and sighed, "Why does this keep happening to me?"

Leonardo explained, "Some fan service now and then is a good way to hook viewers to come back. You should see the stuff my show does with April O'Neil!"  Then he added, "But listen Lady Jaye, Mikey really needs his shell back."

Lady Jaye stepped back a bit, "You have got to be kidding me! You expect me to leave here naked?"

"No! You can run! Yo Joe!"

No comments:

Post a Comment